Information We Collect About and From You: To take advantage of some of the services offered via this site you might be required to provide us with certain information about yourself. This may include doing things such as registering your contact details or completing certain forms on our website. You may also be asked to provide us with information about yourself if you wish to contact us for any reason.
The nature of our business is such that we may also on occasion ask you to provide sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (for example, questions relating to your health where that information is required in order to provide life insurance quotations). Where we do so, we will request your explicit consent to the use of such sensitive personal data. Where you consent to provide us with this information we will take appropriate measures to protect such sensitive personal data.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. Sensitive information, such as your security information, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit.
Cookies: We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type using a cookie file which is stored in the hard drive of your computer. A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer by a web browser, which has been sent by a web server.
The main purpose of our cookies is to identify you when you visit our website. Each time your browser requests a web page from our server, the browser sends the information in the text file back to the server and lets the server know that you have returned to that web page. Cookies help us to improve our website, and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you. Cookies enable us to:
* personalise your experience on our website, speed up your searches and help us select services or materials for inclusion on the website which may be of interest to you.
* monitor general traffic patterns and usage of our website to help us to improve its design and layout.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
How We Store Your Personal Data: The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored outside of the European Economic Area. As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have provided via this website, to prevent unauthorised access. We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal details remain secure.
How Your Information is Used: We or third parties acting on our behalf may use your personal information in the following ways:
* to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and/or
* to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and/or
* to contact you by letter, telephone or e-mail to inform you about other products and services which may be of interest to you; and/or
* notify you of our news, changes to the website, special events or other services we think may interest you; and/or
* to administer or develop our website.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
* who provide financial products and services relevant to the products or services you have selected on our website and we may also disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We also may need to disclose your personal information:
* where it is necessary to comply with any applicable laws or to protect ourselves or our users (including exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of fraud protection), or
* in the event that we sell our business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business.
Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on this website, even if you do not complete your quote by clicking submit. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your quote.
Your Rights: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for what any third party content provider or other third party offering goods and services via websites linked to or framed around our website may propose to do with any personal information that you may provide them. So please ensure that you also read their data protection and privacy terms and conditions very carefully before providing them with your personal information.
Electronic Communications: When you agree to receive any electronic communications from us, you also agree to receive additional communications on products and services that we believe may interest you. Any electronic communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
Advertisements: The advertisements that you see displayed on our website are delivered on our behalf by a third party advertising company. No personal data (for example your name, address, email address or telephone number) are used during the course of serving our advertising, but, on our behalf, our third-party advertiser may place or recognise a unique "cookie" on your browser. This cookie does not collect personal data about you, nor is it linked to any personal data about you.
Last updated: 10/09/2015